May Institute Earns Four Prestigious Awards for Excellence in Communications
– May Institute, a leading national provider of educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services for individuals with special needs, recently earned four awards for excellence in communications from two prominent New England organizations.
The New England Society for Healthcare Communications (NESHCo) recognized May Institute’s communications and public relations team for its electronic newsletter, “May Institute eNews,” and its “CEO/COO/CFO Connect,” a monthly employee communication from the organization’s executive team. The “Connect” series also earned an Award of Merit from the Publicity Club of New England.
In addition, the organization’s 2014 student art calendar, produced in-house, was awarded top honors for creative design by NESHCo. The calendar features original art created by students with autism spectrum disorder and other special needs.
“The awards this year are meaningful because they reflect our focus on engagement with our tens of thousands of online constituents, our employees, and the general public,” said Eileen G. Pollack, Senior Vice President of Development, Communications, and Public Relations at May Institute. “Our community – in the broadest sense of the word – is what makes us a vibrant, connected, successful organization.”
Over the past decade, May Institute’s communications and public relations team has won 40 awards from NESHCo, the Publicity Club of New England, the Massachusetts Nonprofit Network, and PR Daily in the following categories:
About May Institute
- Annual Reports
- By-lined Articles
- Community Relations
- Direct Mail Fundraising
- Excellence in Writing/Editorials
- Excellence in Writing/Feature Articles
- Excellence in Writing/Guest Columns
- Feature or Commentary Placement: Magazine
- Marketing Communications Campaign
- Media Relations
- Print Feature or Commentary Placement
- Product/Service Launch: Consumer Campaign
- Product/Service Launch: Health Care
- Public Relations Projects
- Publications/Special Purpose
- Publications/External Periodicals
- Single Public Relations Problem, Plan, Solution
- Special Events/Series Campaign
- Trade Publication
- Website Design
May Institute is an award-winning nonprofit organization with nearly 60 years of experience in serving children and adults with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, mental illness, and behavioral health needs. The organization provides educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services to individuals, as well as training and consultation services to professionals, organizations, and public school systems. For more information, call 800.778.7601, or visit www.mayinstitute.org.