Building Family Partnerships
Our team works closely with parents, individualizing plans and programs to meet each family’s needs. We are personal advocates for students and parents both inside and outside the school. We help in resolving day-to-day issues, are committed to protecting students’ rights and privacy, and are available to provide emotional and practical support when parents must make important decisions.
The team offers a comprehensive set of services that include:
- Coordination of family/school communication
- Home consultation as needed to ensure consistency between home and school
- Workshops on practical issues such as self-care skills, behavior management, and improved communication
- Connections to community support and resources
- Parent training opportunities
I am so grateful to the May Center School and all of the staff and teachers. They are such a dedicated and caring group. They have helped my son in so many ways. I will forever be grateful for what they have done for him and our family. I love this school and consider them a huge part of our family. Thank you, May Center School!