May Institute is honored to be a beneficiary for a third year of the Annual Charter Cup Fishing Tournament, presented by E.J. Jaxtimer of E.J. Jaxtimer Builder, Inc., and Sam Baxter of Baxter’s Boathouse and Fish & Chips on Cape Cod, Mass. The July 17 tournament is by invitation only, with a group of local businesses and fishing boats teaming up to raise money for their chosen charity.
Carl and Guy Riedell of Carl F. Riedell & Son, Inc.will sponsor the Stray Cat, captained by Ron Murphy and match donations up to $4,000!
How your donation can help:
- Your gift of $1,000 could support the men and women we serve to go on a community outing regardless of their ability. Past trips have been a day in Boston to watch the Red Sox, or a ride on the Cape Cod Railroad with peers.
- A donation of $750 can fund an individual in our services a chance to go “on vacation” with their peers to practice social skills and have experiences in a new setting.
- Your donation of $500 will provide a trip for four individuals in a Cape Cod group home and their staff to appreciate the performing arts by attending a theatre production.
- A $250 donation supports the purchase of technology like an iPad, which can be used by non-verbal individuals to communicate their wants and needs to staff.
- Your donation in any amount will enable one of our day habilitation programs to purchase supplies for art therapy or a residence in your local community to buy gardening supplies and enjoy the outdoors.