The May Center School provides top quality nursing care to our students and provides trainings for students and staff.
All staff members are trained in CPR, First Aid, and Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Our nurses supervise staff in the administration of routine healthcare and provides care to students who are ill and injured. When specialized services are required, we work with families to ensure that necessary information and support are provided to the students and appropriate healthcare professionals.
We provide the following nursing services:
- Serve as a resource to our parents and guardians
- Help with the desensitization of routine medical procedures
- Work as a liaison between with families and the student’s healthcare providers
- Help to ensure a smooth transition to other healthcare facilities when necessary
- Assist in identifying providers with experience with the population
- Collaborate with team members to ensure continuity of care (OT, PT, SLP, educational and behavioral staff)
- Assist families in obtaining required medical documentation
- Ensure all team members have necessary up-to-date medical information for each student